Tottenham Hotspur
9:00 PM UTC Jul 30, 2016
AC Milan
2:00 AM UTC Jul 31, 2016
Leicester City
3:30 AM UTC Jul 31, 2016

Martin Demichelis confident of success

Martin Demichelis believes he will adjust quickly to life at Manchester City after completing his £3.5 million move from Atletico Madrid.

The 32-year-old defender signed a two-year contract on Sunday to become manager Manuel Pellegrini’s fifth summer signing.

And Demichelis, who played for Pellegrini at both River Plate and Malaga, said he could not turn down the opportunity to play for City.

He told City's official website: "I am delighted to have joined City because I am still hungry for success and want to improve.

"I have been in Europe for 11 years now and this was a great chance for me to play in the Premier League with such a big club.

"When there is a change, there is always a process. There’s always a period of adjustment you have to go through. Moving from South America to Europe is a big change and you need some time to settle in because everything is new.

"But in my case, I have lived in Europe for many years and I don’t think there’ll be any problems in adjusting to life here. Now I want to repay the manager's faith in me out on the pitch. I can't wait to get started."

Demichelis, who will wear the No. 26 shirt for City, left Atletico without making a first-team appearance after only joining from Malaga in July.

He becomes the replacement for Kolo Toure, who joined Liverpool, as the understudy to captain Vincent Kompany.

Pellegrini, who had already brought in Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic this summer, has now spent over £90 million.

Comments