Rodgers happy with Suarez situation
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists he is satisfied with how the Luis Suarez situation has been dealt with.
Suarez, 26, claimed earlier this month he had been promised a year ago that he could depart the Reds if they failed to qualify for this season’s Champions League.
Both Rodgers and the club dismissed those claims, insisting that they are under no obligation to sell the player.
As a result, the Uruguay international was ordered to train on his own last week, while Rodgers said that Suarez would not be allowed to join up with the rest of his team-mates until he said sorry for showing "total disrespect" to the club.
However, the former Ajax man has now apologised and returned to training with the first team on Friday.
“I am satisfied with how everything has been resolved and we as a club are looking to the future,” Rodgers said. “There is nothing to be said there. I won't be saying anything on Luis Suarez and that is only purely out of respect for the [other] players.”
Suarez is still suspended for a further four matches for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in April, although he was at Anfield to see his side win 1-0 against Stoke on Saturday.
The striker’s pre-match walk around the pitch brought a mixed response from the Liverpool faithful, and Rodgers said: “He is a part of our team and club and the supporters are a class act here.”
Information from the Press Association was used in this report