Previous
San Lorenzo
Auckland City
2
1
AET
Game Details
AFC Bournemouth
Liverpool
1
3
FT
Game Details
Tottenham Hotspur
Newcastle United
4
0
FT
Game Details
Real Sociedad
Real Oviedo
2
0
FT
Leg 2Aggregate: 2 - 0
Game Details
AC Ajaccio
Paris Saint-Germain
1
3
FT
Game Details
Borussia Dortmund
VfL Wolfsburg
2
2
FT
Game Details
Thailand
Malaysia
2
0
FT
Leg 1
Game Details
ES Setif
Western Sydney Wanderers
(5) 2
(4) 2
FT
Game Details
Next

Bayern hope to sign Odegaard

Transfers
Read

Ramos confident of new deal

Real Madrid
Read

Atletico Mineiro accept bid for Bernard

Brazil side Atletico Mineiro’s president has revealed the club have accepted a bid from Shakhtar Donetsk for the highly rated Bernard.

Bernard is keen to move to Porto.
Atletico Mineiro have accepted a bid from Shakhtar Donetsk for Bernard.

The 20-year-old Bernard has been rumoured to be heading to Europe for much of the summer with Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Porto and Shakhtar all said to be interested in the Brazil international.

But Atletico chief Alexandre Kalil said that, so far, only the Ukrainian club had made a concrete offer that matched the club’s asking price of €25 million.

However, speculation still exists that Portuguese champions Porto could be Bernard’s eventual destination.

"Things are very advanced, [Wednesday] will probably be his last game [for the club],"Kalil told reporters. "The team is Shakhtar. They offered the value we want. If Bernard wants, he will go.

"If he does not want to go to Ukraine, that's no problem. It's in his hands. I have talked with him. It's a private matter. If he does not want to go, we will not force him."

Bernard added to Lancenet: "I don't know if it will be best for me, I'm talking with my family.

"But nothing is certain yet. I had a meeting with the president and he told me what Shakhtar offered him and myself. It is between Porto and Shakhtar."

Bernard, who was selected in the Brazil side to face Switzerland, said he will go to the club which gives him the best hope of making Luiz Felipe Scolari’s World Cup squad, while hoping he will have one last shot of glory with Atletico.

"I want to resolve it quickly, if go or stay, because this story is already boring," he told reporters. "I want to stay [to compete in the Club World Cup], I made it clear I did not want to go before the end of the year.

"If I have the opportunity to sign and go after the Club World Cup that would be very important. I want to have the chance to win it for Atletico.

"I've been studying the possibilities and proposals that have been put forward to Atletico and to me. We are looking and talking, seeing what is best for us.

"I want to be at a club that gives me visibility. I said I want to be at the World Cup and my chances grow by being at a club with good visibility. I want to be playing, regardless of where it is, but I want to be happy."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.