Man Utd make new Cesc bid - report
Manchester United have made an improved offer of £30 million plus add-ons for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas, according to Sky Sports News.
Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu insisted Fabregas was “non-transferable” after United’s previous offer, but the Premier League champions appear undeterred.
“I’ve not had any more news, so I can’t give you any more of anything,” he told the media. “I can’t give you anything negative or positive.”
However, it is claimed United have now submitted an improved offer as they remain convinced a deal can be reached.
Robin van Persie, who played alongside Fabregas at Arsenal, said on Saturday that he would welcome the arrival of the Spain international.
“Of course, he's a great player,” he told Channel Seven. He added that he had not spoken to his former team-mate.
Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, had departed the club’s tour last week to attend to “urgent transfer business”, although no further details were revealed.