Lazio and Genoa risk starting the 2013-14 Serie A season with a two-point deduction as a result of the second part of an investigation into match-fixing.
The clash between the two sides on May 15, 2011, as well as Lazio's match at Lecce a week later, is currently under investigation by the Italian sports authorities as an enquiry into alleged match-fixing, which began last summer, heads into its next stage.
Lazio midfielder Stefano Mauri and former Genoa midfielder Omar Milanetto are also at the centre of the investigation and risk suspensions of up to three-and-a-half years after the state prosecutor, Stefano Palazzi, delivered his initial findings. Their respective clubs could have up to two points docked if the allegations are proven.
Both sides, as well as a total of eight individuals, including Mauri and Milanetto, have been referred to the national disciplinary commission, which will now discuss the cases and determine eventual punishments.
According to the solicitor of Milanetto and Genoa, though, his clients have nothing to fear.
"To think that Genoa could be penalised is science fiction," Mattia Grassani told Radio 24. "I can exclude categorically the hypothesis that Milanetto or Genoa could seek a settlement."
Matteo Melandri, who is representing Mauri, does not expect the investigation to lead to any punishment either.
"We're not surprised [he's been referred] because all of the papers have been talking about it, but what does surprise us is that only one Lazio player and one Genoa player are involved in what is being presumed as being a fixed game," he told Sky Sport 24.
"If the facts are the same as a year ago, we have already explained them, but we have to see if we are faced with a larger and different accusation to last year."
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the commission's hearing could take place on July 24.