Bendtner deal falls through - reports
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner will not sign for Frankfurt, according to reports in Germany.
On Tuesday, Bendtner, 26, travelled to Frankfurt to hold contract negotiations, but on Wednesday it was reported Frankfurt have called the transfer off and instead set their sights on the Sparta Prague attacker Vaclav Kadlec.
Bendtner had met with Frankfurt CEO Heribert Bruchhagen, sporting director Bruno Hubner and coach Armin Veh, according to Frankfurter Rundschau.
Sporting director Bruno Hubner has claimed the Denmark international indicated he would like to join the club, but Sky has suggested the proposed transfer will progress no further.
"He has signalled that he could imagine joining Eintracht Frankfurt,” Hubner said. “You know about the complexity of the story. It is up to us now. We need to examine if it’s financially possible.”
According to Frankfurter Rundschau, Bendtner had been ready to accept a wage cut from €4 million salary to €2.8 million.
This would have made Bendtner the top earner at the Europe League candidates, with current star players Pirmin Schwegler and Alexander Meier both on an annual salary of €1.8 million.
"We don't have any problems with Arsenal," Hubner said, suggesting that a transfer fee already had been agreed during the sporting director’s trip to London last week.