Previous
Wellington Phoenix FC
Western Sydney Wanderers
6:00 AM GMT
Game Details
Melbourne Victory
Newcastle Jets
1
0
FT
Game Details
Hibernian
Rangers
4
0
FT
Game Details
Celtic
Ross County
0
0
FT
Game Details
St Johnstone
Dundee United
2
1
FT
Game Details
Standard Liege
KSC Lokeren
2
0
FT
Game Details
Next
By ESPN Staff

Belhanda available for €12 million

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has admitted he would settle for a cut-price €12 million to allow Younes Belhanda to leave the Ligue 1 club.

Younes Belhanda wants to move to England
Belhanda is expected to leave Montpellier this summer

Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Leverkusen and Fenerbahce have all been linked to the artful Morocco international, while Nicollin himself claimed in an interview with 10 Sport last week that AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa had made approaches for Belhanda, 23.

Nicollin told RMC on Wednesday he is willing to compromise on his initial asking price for a player who came through the club's youth academy before playing a central role in their surprise Ligue 1 title win a year ago.

"We'd need to get €15 million, but I'd settle for 14 or 12," the millionaire said, revealing he had received offers for the highly-rated midfielder. "From France, no, but from England, Germany and the United Arab Emirates, yes."

Remy Cabella, 23, will most likely be at the Stade de la Mosson next season, however, despite attracting interest from major European clubs himself. The France Under-21 international has been linked to Marseille and Atletico Madrid while Arsenal are also reportedly keeping a close eye on his progress.

Nicollin, however, has frequently stated his desire to keep the Ajaccio-born attacking midfielder for a further season at least, and though he did not entirely rule out Cabella leaving the club this summer, he is - unlike with Belhanda - unwilling to allow his prize asset to go on the cheap.

"I didn't say he was 'un-transferable'. I think that it's in his interest to stay another year or two at Montpellier. If a club wants to give us €40 or €50 million, we'll sell. But that would be stupid."

After a disappointing maiden season in France, Argentine striker Emmanuel Herrera could be moved on - "I don't know yet. These Argentines, they're rubbish the first year and then good after that," Nicollin claimed - while the Montpellier owner was elusive on the subject of Djibril Cisse, 31, coming to the south coast.

"It would be a big gamble," Nicollin said of the Queens Park Rangers forward, whose future could depend on new Montpellier boss Jean Fernandez. "It's the coach who decides, not me. I let the people I pay do what they have to do."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.