Real Madrid president Florentino Perez claims Cristiano Ronaldo wants to commit his future to the club.
Ronaldo has previously hinted he plans to leave Madrid when his existing deal expires in 2015, and has been reluctant to enter into talks over new terms.
But Perez on Sunday claimed the Portugal forward was ready to talk.
"I am going to be as clear as possible," he told Marca. "My aim, Cristiano's aim, and the aim of all Real Madrid fans is that he carries on playing here for many years to come.
"And when so many people want the same thing then it usually turns out to be the case. I myself and Real Madrid both want that. The player, Cristiano Ronaldo wants that ... Without a shadow of a doubt."
Furthermore, Perez dismissed the notion that Ronaldo could leave the Bernabeu this summer, regardless of his contract situation.
"He has two years left on his contract," he said. "Anyone would think he was leaving tomorrow. What we would like is for him to stay even longer. The future of our project revolves around him.
"Teams always depend largely on one great player. At one time it was [Alfredo] Di Stefano, later on it was [Zinedine] Zidane. Now it is clear the focus is on Ronaldo.
"There is nothing better than having the best player in the world in your team. We believe Ronaldo will go down in the club's history as being on a par with Di Stefano."
However, Perez admitted no formal talks have yet taken place.
"We are always talking ... If you're asking me if we've talked about money, then the answer is no. The time isn't right yet. That will have to wait till after he comes back from holiday," he said.