Everton have confirmed the appointment of Roberto Martinez as their new manager, with the Spaniard signing a four-year deal after leaving Wigan Athletic.
The club have called a press conference for 4pm UK time, at which their new manager is expected to appear.
Martinez was the leading candidate to take charge at Goodison Park since it was announced on May 9 that David Moyes would be leaving to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.
The 39-year-old said last week that he wanted to leave Wigan, having guided them to the FA Cup for the first time in their history.
He met Everton chairman Bill Kenwright twice for talks last week, before a £1.5 million compensation deal was agreed on Monday to buy out the remaining 12 months of his Wigan contract.
Martinez is expected to bring with him assistants Graeme Jones and Kevin Reeves, along with goalkeeping coach Inaki Bergara and conditioning coach Richard Evans in a new-look backroom team.
Kenwright had also considered Porto boss Vitor Pereira and Red Bull Salzburg sporting director Ralf Rangnick for the Everton job.
But Martinez was his first choice, despite being unable to save Wigan from relegation to the Championship in May.
Steven Caldwell, who played at Wigan during the 2010-11 season before spending two years at Birmingham and then moving into Major League Soccer with Toronto, believes Martinez will succeed at the Toffees.
The defender told TalkSPORT: "He's a fantastic manager. He's very thorough, organised, a good tactician and an excellent coach.
"Roberto is ready to move to that level. It's time for him to test himself with a bigger budget and a better quality of player. We need to see if he can now take his philosophy to a higher level in the Premier League and if he can achieve similar results to David Moyes.
"He is a big enough name to attract talent. Throughout Europe, I think he will attract top players. He's got a very hard task in trying to follow Moyes though, who was a tremendous manager."