Jose Mourinho has confirmed he will be named Chelsea manager by the end of the week, insisting the admiration Blues fans have for him made the decision easier.
• Blog: No tearful farewells for Mourinho
• Perez confirms Mourinho return
• Ballack: Mourinho has nothing to prove
• Lythell: Return raises questions
• Hasselbaink: Mourinho is the best option for Chelsea
• Vilarrubi: Jose will be Chelsea 'disaster'
• Gallery: Jose Mourinho's time in Real Madrid
In an interview with Spanish TV football show Punto Pelota on Sunday, the outgoing Real Madrid boss revealed he will be in London on Monday to finalise his return to Stamford Bridge.
Mourinho took charge of his final Liga game with Real in the 4-2 win over Osasuna on Saturday and has immediately turned his attention to a much-anticipated move back to the Premier League.
The Portuguese boss spent four years at the helm of Chelsea and revealed his reputation at the club was a decisive factor in his exit from Real.
"I'm going to London on Monday and at the end of the week I will be the manager of Chelsea," Mourinho told Punto Pelota. "I feel the people there love me and in life you have to look for that. Life is beautiful and short and you must look for what you think is best for you."