Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu has ended speculation of a move to England by agreeing a new, senior, four-year contract with the Catalan club.
The Girona-born attacker, 19, had been linked with Premier League sides including Liverpool and Manchester City as contracts talks with his agent Gines Carvajal dragged on in recent months.
It had been suggested in Spain that the club's difficult relationship with Carvajal, who also represents wantaway goalkeeper Victor Valdes, had affected the talks over Deulofeu, whose previous youth-team deal ended in June 2014.
A blaugrana statement released on Monday afternoon put an end to such speculation.
"Gerard Deulofeu will continue to be a FC Barcelona player through 2017," the statement said. "The club and the player have agreed to terms to extend the contract linking the two parties through June 30 of 2017. The player's buy-out clause is set at €35 million. The player will sign his new contract on Wednesday at 18.00."
Long seen as another huge talent from Barca's La Masia academy, Deulofeu was given his first-team debut by then-manager Josep Guardiola during last season's Champions League group game at home to BATE Borisov.
He has featured intermittently for the senior side this season under current coach Tito Vilanova, while starring regularly in the Segunda Division for Barca B.
"Deulofeu has featured in a total of 35 matches this season for the Blaugrana, 31 for Barca B and 4 for the senior side," the club statement said.
"The 19-year-old is one of the top goal scorers of the Liga Adelante with 18 goals, and he has been a crucial player for Barca B manager Eusebio Sacristan."
Deulofeu won European Under-19 titles with Spain in both 2011 and 2012, is expected to feature at this summer's Under-21 tournament in Israel.