Sydney FC
Philadelphia Union
11:30 PM UTC May 25, 2016

Euro 2016 full squad lists

Euro 2016

Trending: United set to appoint Mourinho

Latest

Tottenham trio assess club's season

Tottenham

Lampard: Tottenham game decisive

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard feels that his side's meeting with Tottenham Hotspur on May 8 will prove pivotal in deciding who will clinch Champions League qualification.

• Blog: Blues into third

Rafael Benitez's Chelsea are third in the Premier League table after their 2-0 win over Swansea on Sunday, with the club a point above Arsenal, having played a game less than the Gunners, and three in front of Spurs.

After this week's Europa League semi-final second leg against FC Basel, the Blues face Manchester United, Tottenham, Aston Villa and then Everton - and it is the match against Spurs that could be crucial, according to Lampard.

He said in the Sun: "You could say the game against United is pivotal - but I think it is really down to the Tottenham game.

"I think it will go to the wire but if we get the right results against United and Tottenham we'll put ourselves in a healthy position."

Chelsea failed to defend their Champions League title this season but have a chance of European glory in the Europa League, and Lampard is eager to clinch glory in the competition.

He added: "The Champions League is the test of the best and the main target - but I want to win the Europa League as well. I never dreamed when I was a kid at West Ham that I would have done as well as I have."

Comments