Villas-Boas confident of Bale stay
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has been told by the club's hierarchy that Gareth Bale will stay at White Hart Lane so long as they qualify for next season's Champions League.
Bale has been the subject of reported interest from Real Madrid in recent months, but Villas-Boas told reporters that his Welsh talisman will commit his future to Tottenham so long as they secure a top four finish in their final five games of this season.
When asked whether Bale would be a Tottenham player next season if they are back in the Champions League mix, Villas-Boas replied confidently: "I think so. That is the information that I have from the club. It has come from the club.
"This club is committed to keeping the best assets. That's the only way that we can ensure that we are in the top four every year. Gareth is part of that project bearing in mind that he has been amazing this season.
"Hopefully, we can develop him to a greater extent. We get the buzz from working with great players and Gareth has developed into a great player, so I couldn't be happier."
Meanwhile, Villas-Boas has responded to Tom Huddlestone's confession that he may look to quit Tottenham this summer due to the lack of first team chances that have come his way in recent months.
After Huddlestone hinted he may 'have to look for another club', Villas-Boas has offered sympathy to the plight of a midfielder who had a big impact on his team when he came off the bench in last Sunday's victory against Manchester City.
"The words are understandable from a player who has not been involved as much as he wanted," added the Tottenham manager.
"We've had lots of players in midfield raising the level this season, so it has been very difficult to get into the team and when the chance happened it opened up for Scotty (Parker), then Tom Huddlestone when Scotty was injured.
"So it is difficult to break into the team but with performances like last week he is able to get more chances, definitely."