Juan Carlos unaware of Everton interest
Real Betis winger Juan Carlos says he knows nothing about a possible summer move to Everton.
Portuguese paper A Bola reported earlier this week that the Premier League side had enquired about signing the Madrid-born player, who is currently on loan at Betis from Sporting Braga.
Juan Carlos himself told Estadio Deportivo on Wednesday that he was focused on Betis for the moment and had not yet thought much about his future.
“I have no idea about [the Everton rumour],” Juan Carlos said. “Nobody has told me anything. At the moment I am focused on Betis and I would like to stay here. I keep out of these subjects and prefer to focus on the sporting side of things.”
'Juankar' has no goals and three assists in 21 verdiblanco appearances, although he has impressed on occasion as Pepe Mel’s side have pushed for Europa League qualification.
The Real Madrid youth product, 23, joined Braga for a reported €2.5 million in summer 2011, and spent the following season on loan at Real Zaragoza. A Bola say his rights are 90% owned by an investment fund called Quality Football Ireland, and Madrid retain an option to buy him back this summer for €5 million.
Everton have dealt with QFI in the past, taking young English-born defender Eric Dier on loan from Sporting Lisbon in January 2011. Dier was then unable to make a competitive appearance for the Toffees due to the Premier League’s rules against third-party ownership.