Joleon Lescott has hinted that he may leave Manchester City to secure a place in England's World Cup squad, but says he will address the issue of his future at the end of the season.
The City defender is set to start for Roy Hodgson's team against Montenegro on Tuesday after playing in Friday's 8-0 win over San Marino.
But while Lescott partnered John Terry in the centre of the England defence during Euro 2012, he was initially omitted from the current squad, with Hodgson saying it was down to his lack of first-team football.
The 30-year-old, a regular as City won the Premier League title last season, has lost his place in the team to Matija Nastasic in the current campaign.
And the former Wolves player, a £22 million signing from Everton in 2009, says he may have to quit City in the summer as he believes his chances of a place on the plane to Brazil, should England get there, depend upon him playing more regularly.
"If you'd asked me last year what my chances were of making the World Cup squad then I'd have said, 'Yeah, pretty good.' But you don't know. If I can play more regularly at club level then I think I'll be there," he said.
"Towards the end of the season, I'll address that. But for now, I'm fully focused on England and what England need to do."
Lescott cancelled a break to Paris with his wife to accept Hodgson's late call-up after Rio Ferdinand, Gary Cahill and Michael Dawson were all ruled out due to fitness problems.
But despite becoming a bit-part player for City, he feels he can cope with the Montenegro attack of Stevan Jovetic and Mirko Vucinic.
"I haven't been playing as much as I'd like of course but I have confidence in my own ability," he said. "I haven't been injured because I haven't been playing and I feel sharp enough to adapt to anything they offer."