Karim Benzema's agent has dismissed speculation linking the Real Madrid striker with a summer move to big-spending Paris Saint-Germain.
Reports over the last year have suggested that the Qatari-backed Paris club could move for the €30 million-rated France international.
The 25-year-old’s relatively poor displays this season - he has scored only 14 goals compared to 23 at this stage last term - have led some to suggest that Madrid could cash in and replace him with Atletico Madrid’s Radamel Falcao or Napoli’s Edinson Cavani.
However, Benzema’s agent, Karim Djaziri, told French newspaper Le10Sport his client was happy at Real and there had been no contact from PSG.
"At no point has Karim wanted to leave for PSG, and the Parisian team have never been in contact with us,” he said. “Benzema is at Madrid, the best team in the world.”
The striker, who joined Madrid for €35 million in 2009, is known to be a favourite of club president Florentino Perez but has had an up-and-down relationship with coach Jose Mourinho, who once compared him to a cat that was no good for hunting.
But whether or not the Portuguese coach remains at the Bernabeu next season would have no bearing on Benzema’s future, Djaziri said.
“Madrid could be coming into an era where they will dominate Europe,” he explained. “This is not the moment to leave the team.
“Whether Mourinho leaves or not, Benzema will stay at Madrid.”
Meanwhile, Benzema received a fine and a driving ban from a Spanish court on Friday. The player was found guilty of driving at 194 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the night of February 3, and fined €18,000 and banned for driving for eight months. The hearing was brought forward to Friday morning having originally been scheduled for March 26th, the day of France's key World Cup 2014 qualifier against Spain.
Neither Benzema nor Real Madrid have commented on the case.