Carlos Tevez is happy at Manchester City and talks about extending his contract will take place at the end of the season, the club's administration officer Brian Marwood has said.
Tevez, 29, is out of contract at the Etihad Stadium next summer, and it has been speculated that he could be sold in the summer in order to avoid the risk of him leaving for nothing.
But Marwood believes that is unlikely to happen, saying the Argentine is enjoying life with the defending Premier League champions.
Stressing that City manager Roberto Mancini had received no offers for the forward, he told the Daily Star: "Everyone knows Carlos only has a year left on his contract, but he has been fantastic for Manchester City - his scoring record, his tenacity, his energy.
"I think he is in a good place at the moment. Roberto Mancini has talked about extending Tevez's contract, and these conversations will continue in the summer.
"We have had no offers and Carlos is happy at the club. Discussions will take place at the end of the season in terms of his future at City."
On Wednesday, Cheshire police announced that Tevez had been charged with driving while disqualified and driving without insurance - charges that could result in a prison sentence of up to six months.
Tevez, who was stopped and arrested in Macclesfield last week, will appear at the town's magistrates court on April 3.
He was banned from driving for six months in January after pleading guilty to two counts of failing to provide information related to incidents in which his car was found to have been speeding.