Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino said it is "obvious" that his side will win their relegation battle this season, despite the 4-2 loss at Newcastle on Sunday.
The Saints sit in 16th place, only three points above the relegation zone, after their second defeat since Pochettino's arrival last month.
The Argentine, however, remains optimistic that the club will still be in the top flight come the summer.
"It is obvious that we will stay in the Premier League," he said. "I have the same worries as all the teams that are in that part of the table. It's neither more nor less, it is the same, but I do have confidence in my team."
Pochettino was unhappy with Newcastle's second and third goals in the defeat at St James' Park.
He felt Nathaniel Clyne was fouled and Papiss Cisse was offside before the Senegal international's thunderous strike, while he lamented the award of a penalty against his team when Mathieu Debuchy's cross struck Danny Fox on the arm.
"The handball is completely involuntary," he said. "My complaint more than anything is about their second goal and the foul on Clyne and the follow-up offside that was not called."
However, midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, who opened the scoring for Southampton, believed he and his team-mates should have defended better.
"I think all four goals we could have avoided, and it's just a shame because we were on a good run - but now we need to bounce back, because we have got a very important game against QPR," he told the Southern Daily Echo.
Meanwhile, the Saints have loaned defender Aaron Martin to Coventry for the rest of the season.