Borussia Dortmund have lodged a second appeal against the three-match ban handed to striker Robert Lewandowski for his red card against Hamburg.
An initial appeal against the Poland international's suspension, passed down to the player after he was sent off for clashing with Hamburg's Per Skjelbred, was dismissed by the sports court of the German Football Association earlier this week.
The DFB will now decide if the ban is to be upheld or not on March 1. The day after that hearing, Borussia Dortmund are to take on Hannover at home, in what would be the third and final game of the ban.
"We believe that the findings of today's evidentiary hearing should have led to a different result," Dortmund CEO Aki Watzke had said directly after the court ruling on Tuesday. "But apparently they were only inadequately taken into consideration."
Watzke was referring to a testimony by Skjelbred, who reportedly had said: "I believed this was a yellow card". Dortmund will build the fresh appeal on Skjelbred's statement.
However, chances are slim that the federal court is to overturn the decision and Dirk Krampe, a journalist covering the club for local paper Ruhr Nachrichten, tweeted: "My opinion: Dortmund are flexing their muscles just to show they do not approve."