Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has said the Bavarians are not planning talks about a move for Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski.
Speaking at the weekend, Dortmund general manager Michael Zorc said he believed Poland international Lewandowski would not extend his contract at the club, which expires in 2014.
His comments came after TV channel Sport 1 and Munich newspaper Munchener Merkur reported that a deal for Lewandowski to move to Bayern had already been done.
But Rummenigge told Abendzeitung: “We are not planning any transfer talks with Dortmund."
Bayern and Dortmund meet in the quarter-finals of the German cup later this month, and some reports suggested a deal could be announced after the match. But Zorc insisted: “There will be no decision around the cup match.”
Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp told ZDF on Saturday that the club would be “prepared” if Lewandowski moved, with kicker reporting that Manchester City’s Edin Djeko had held talks over a possible switch to the Bundesliga.
As speculation over Lewandowski’s future has grown, Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling has also been linked with Dortmund.
“I have heard they are interested,” Kiessling’s agent, Ali Bulut, was quoted as saying in Kolner Stadtanzeiger. “But we have not been contacted yet.” The paper said the forward had a €10 million release clause in his contract.
Kiessling, 29, has scored 15 goals this season and is contracted to the club, currently third in the Bundesliga, until 2015.
Leverkusen general director Rudi Voller told Kolner Stadtanzeiger: “Stefan has a long-term contract with us. We are happy to have him here, on and off the pitch. It is not an issue for us.”