Barcelona's second-choice goalkeeper Jose Pinto has signed a one-year contract extension, tying him to the Catalan club until June 2014.
Pinto, 37, would have been out of contract in the summer and expected to leave the club.
But, perhaps because of a rethink sparked by current first-choice Victor Valdes' uncertain future at the Camp Nou, it was announced last month that Pinto would stay for another season at least.
The Cadiz-born goalkeeper signed the extension on Monday, accompanied by Barca president Sandro Rosell and sporting vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu.
"In the end, work and positive thinking bring results," Pinto told Barca TV. "I am a true believer that people must aim for their dreams. I am still dreaming now, like a little boy. That gives me a lot of strength. I feel now, at 37, as if I were only 18."
Although he has been a back-up for Valdes since signing for Barca from Celta Vigo in 2008, Pinto has played reguarly in the Copa del Rey and has won a total of 15 trophies in his four years at the club.
"I feel very fortunate to have been able to make history with this marvellous team," he said. "To enjoy this each day is a great reward."
The news follows recent contract renewals by Lionel Messi [until 2018] and Xavi Hernandez and Carles Puyol [both untl 2016], and Pinto joked that he was not sure he would play as long as the latter.
"I do not want to end up like Puyol," he said. "I want to retire before I am 50. That all depends on how I feel. The day I stop believing is the day that, for honour and dignity, I will stop."