West Bromwich Albion say they have disciplined striker Peter Odemwingie after he drove to QPR without permission on transfer deadline day in an apparent attempt to force through a move to Loftus Road.
Odemwingie, 31, has also issued an apology for what happened and has been allowed to resume full training with Steve Clarke's squad. He is now available to the manager for first-team selection.
The saga began when Odemwingie was interviewed by TV reporters as he arrived in west London and appeared to believe he was destined to join Rangers.
But QPR barred him from entering club premises because they were aware that he had not had permission from West Brom to talk to them.
In a statement issued on their official website on Friday, the Baggies said: "Albion have taken disciplinary action against Peter Odemwingie in respect of his conduct over the past fortnight.
"Odemwingie has accepted his punishment. He will now resume full training with his team-mates and is available for first-team selection."
In his own statement, also issued through the official site, the striker said he understood "how my actions have been viewed" and that he wanted to "apologise to the club and our supporters for any distress I have caused".
He added: "I want to reassure everyone at the club, and our fans, that I will continue to give my all whenever I am selected.
"We have enjoyed a good season so far, and I aim to play my part in keeping the club as high up the table as possible."
West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace said it had been "an extremely difficult time for the club", stressing it had been "imperative that we dealt with such a serious matter both fully and correctly".
He explained: "We have made our position very clear throughout - both privately to Peter and publicly.
"It was important that we resolved this episode as expediently as possible to enable everyone to focus on the most important issue at this club - competing in the Premier League."
Shortly after Odemwingie was filmed arriving in the capital on deadline day, the Baggies issued a statement in which they said they were "extremely disappointed" and described the player's conduct as "unprofessional".
The player later pointed the finger of blame at the Hawthorns club, while Rangers manager Harry Redknapp blamed a misunderstanding, telling Sky Sports: "I think he probably felt the deal had been agreed between the clubs and it hadn't.
"Just a bit of a mix-up, really. I feel sorry for the lad and the way the whole thing has turned out. It wasn't any of our doing."