Celtic have stressed that striker Gary Hooper is not for sale amid reports – denied by the Glasgow club – that Norwich City had tabled a fifth bid for him.
Reports suggested that the Canaries could have submitted an offer of more than £9 million for the former Scunthorpe player, but a post on Celtic manager Neil Lennon’s official Twitter feed made it clear the player was not going anywhere.
It said: “Contrary to reports, there have been no fresh bids for Gary and even if there are, they will be rejected. He is NOT for sale.”
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has also said Hooper will be staying at Celtic Park, Sky Sports reported.
Earlier on Thursday, reports said Norwich had had a fourth bid for Hooper, who has scored 23 goals this season, turned down.
Canaries boss Chris Hughton has made no secret of his desire to bolster his frontline in the January transfer window, and has concluded a deal for Leeds striker Luciano Becchio.
"I think Norwich came in with a third bid yesterday and it was rejected," Lennon said on transfer deadline day. "They were well short. We don't have a price on Gary, but the bid that was put in yesterday was well short."