Juventus head coach Antonio Conte received a two-match touchline ban Monday as a result of his angry outburst in the wake of Saturday's Serie A draw with Genoa.
The 43-year-old directed a furious tirade at referee Marco Guida when the official declined to award a stoppage-time penalty for a perceived handball by Genoa defender Andreas Granqvist, with the game finishing 1-1.
Director general Giuseppe Marotta also invoked a three-week suspension by questioning Guida's selection, given the fact the referee hails from Torre Annunziata, a province of Naples, whose Serie A team are Juve's nearest challengers.
"Antonio Conte is disqualified for two games and fined 10,000 euros for confronting the referee with insulting remarks at the end of the game and repeating them in the changing room shortly afterwards," read a statement published on legaseriea.it.
"Giuseppe Marotta is banned from pursuing any activity with the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) or representing his club until Feb. 18 for challenging the work of the officials and addressing the referee with an intimidating attitude and insulting remarks."
Bonucci will miss two games for confronting officials while the injured Chiellini, who was not in the matchday squad, will serve a one-match ban for entering the playing field without permission.
The club was also handed a 50,000 euro fine for the overall conduct of their staff and supporters, a section of the latter standing accused by the Lega Serie A of spitting at officials as they left the pitch.
At the end of the game, which was settled by goals from Fabio Quagliarella and Marco Borriello, Conte appeared to shout "Shame on you!" at Guida from close range, just moments after the official had rejected Juve appeals for a penalty.
Conte went even further in his postmatch news conference, suggesting Guida had acknowledged the foul but had instead declined to award the spot kick.
"When I hear certain things, 'shame' is the least I can say," Conte said. "(The goalline official Andrea) Romeo said it was a penalty. But Guida explained that he didn't feel up to awarding it. I've had enough. I can accept a mistake if someone tells me 'I didn't see it', but not that they just didn't feel up to it. This is not football. We work hard all week and we want fairness."
Marotta invited further controversy moments later, adding: "It was a serious error. I'm sure it wasn't an act of bad faith but the referee Guida, from Torre Annunziata, was clearly in difficulty and I would question the appointment. Imagine if they sent a referee from Turin to take a Napoli game."
Conte, who has already served a four-month ban for his alleged failure to report match-fixing while in charge of Siena, will now miss league games against Chievo and Fiorentina.
Inter will also be without midfielder Gaby Mudingayi, who ruptured his Achilles tendon Sunday during his first start following a lengthy injury lay-off.
The 31-year-old, who had been sidelined since November with knee ligament damage, was forced out of Inter's 2-2 draw with Torino after just 55 minutes.
Mudingayi was making only his ninth league appearance for the Nerazzurri since completing a season-long loan move from Bologna in July.
Also Monday, Juventus announced the signing of Ecuadorian midfielder Jose Francisco Cevallos on loan from LDU Quito.
Information from Press Association was used in this report.