Kaka will have to take a 50% pay-cut if he is to secure a loan return to AC Milan, according to reports.
AC Milan have confirmed that they have been in negotiations with Real Madrid over a deal to take Kaka, 30, back to the San Siro, with the Brazilian having said on Wednesday that he remained “very thankful to Milan”, adding: “I love the city and I have many friends here.”
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani later indicated that he was upbeat about the club’s chances of re-signing the player, telling reporters: “Milan, Real Madrid and Kaka himself are all keen to finalise the deal.”
There had been earlier reports that Madrid were holding out for €25 million for Kaka - a player for whom they broke the world transfer record to sign in a €65 million deal in 2009 - but La Gazzetta dello Sport believes the two clubs have now reached an agreement over a 24-month loan.
However, if the deal is to go ahead, it would appear Kaka needs to take a substantial wage cut and, though he is said to be ready to accept a significant loss on his €10.5 million-a-year salary, the Rossoneri would seemingly need him to halve his pay.
“The kind of salary he earns does not fit with the situation in Italy,” Galliani is quoted as saying in Marca. “Therefore, we need to look at imaginative solutions. If we can’t, the deal will not happen.”
Milan are also reported to close to a deal to sign Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli, but Galliani appeared to pour cold water on the claims.
“There is just one negotiation taking place and that is for Kaka,” he added.