Loic Remy spent Tuesday undergoing a medical at QPR after deciding to accept the club's offer ahead of that of Newcastle United, with Rs boss Harry Redknapp also confirming Yann M'Vila is on the brink of moving to Loftus Road.
Remy is set to complete a £10 million move from Marseille before Friday, allowing him to make his debut against West Ham United on Saturday.
Following QPR's FA Cup victory over West Brom on Tuesday, Redknapp said: "Remy had a medical today and the personal stuff is all sorted. I watched him so many times when I was at Tottenham. The fee then was around about £20 million. He's a good buy for us. It's all done, all sorted.
"I didn't think we'd get him. I went to see him at Marseille last week and he wasn't keen but the chairman Tony Fernandes worked ever so hard. He wouldn't give up and the boy decided to come.
"He's quick, a French international, his movement is excellent and he has the potential to be a real star in the Premier League. Newcastle United wanted him and Graham Carr (chief scout) doesn't make too
many mistakes. Graham's got good judgement.''
QPR are understood to have completely blown Newcastle out of the water in the bidding for Remy, offering wages in the region of £80,000 to £110,000 a week. The contract offer is also believed to contain a number of clauses which would allow Remy an easy exit route from the Championship should the west London side get relegated.
Rennes midfielder M’Vila is also close to agreeing a deal with QPR, which would see Redknapp complete successful swoops for his two main targets in the January transfer window.
"I also liked M'Vila when I was at Tottenham," Redknapp said on Tuesday. "He's 22, played against England a couple of years ago for France, and was fantastic.
"They (Rennes) turned down £28 million from an English club for him a year ago. Spurs offered £15 million for him in August. The deal looks okay. M'Vila's had a few off-the-field problems. If he behaves himself, and plays as we know he can, he'll do well.''