Berlusconi coy on Allegri future
Silvio Berlusconi has once again failed to offer his support for AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri in the wake of his comments regarding former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.
The Milan owner was twice asked about the future of the coach and, on the first occasion, refused to tell Mediaset whether the 45-year-old would still be in charge of the Rossoneri next season.
Earlier this week the former Italian Prime Minister revealed he had "always tried to bring" Guardiola to the San Siro giants and was happy to discuss the possibility of the former Barcelona coach joining Milan.
Asked again on Tuesday about the future of Allegri, Berlusconi said the pair "have a rapport of friendship and respect but there's no need to look forward now".
He continued: "The results will make his future clear. I don't want to say one way or the other right now, we'll see what he achieves on the pitch."
Allegri himself would not address the comments directly on Tuesday when asked about them at a press conference. "I intend to respect my contract which expires in 2014," he told reporters. "I will give my best so that this side can express itself to the maximum. I have nothing to say about the president's statements."