Giuseppe Rossi has been officially unveiled as a Fiorentina player following his transfer from Villarreal, saying his new club "are playing the best football in Italy".
The two clubs announced that a deal for the 25-year-old striker had been agreed on Friday and the player attended a medical on Saturday, but registration rules in Italy meant the deal could not be ratified until Monday.
"I would have made this move sooner, even last summer," he told a press conference. "I'm happy to be at Fiorentina. They are the only side who came forward with facts and not just with words. That was very important to me.
"I like the Viola project, a lot. I want to be a part of it. There are many youngsters here, but also players of experience and we all know that Fiorentina are playing the best football in Italy. I can't wait to start playing alongside Stevan Jovetic and Luca Toni, great players."
Rossi has not played since October 2011 following two separate operations to repair torn ligaments in his right knee and, as well as speaking of his happiness at completing the move, the America-born star refused to set a timeframe for his return to action.
"I don't have a particular date in mind for my return as my knee is stable right now but it needs strengthening and it can't be rushed," he said. "I hope to get back to full fitness as soon as possible so that I can play for the Viola fans. Things are going well. I didn't work too well after my first injury because there was too much stress. I chose to return to America to recover with tranquility."
Meanwhile, Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade has revealed Rossi has a €35 million rescission clause in his contract.
"He's signed a four-year deal with the option of another four years," he said. "He'll have a €35 million rescission valuation for the first two years and then that will be reduced to €30 million for the final two."