Atlanta United FC
10:05 PM UTC Jul 22, 2017
Tottenham Hotspur
12:05 AM UTC Jul 23, 2017
Costa Rica
United States
2:00 AM UTC Jul 23, 2017

Who is better: Morata or Costa?

Allardyce satisfied with Dublin behaviour

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says he is satisfied with the behaviour of Andy Carroll and the rest of his squad during the players' recent trip to Dublin.

Blog: A new dawn

Carroll, 23, was arrested by police in the Republic of Ireland on Sunday after a photographer was allegedly assaulted, however, the striker has denied any wrongdoing. The Hammers squad were celebrating in the Irish capital following the 3-1 defeat of Chelsea last Saturday.

Despite the negative publicity for the club, Allardyce believes he has nothing to worry about and that the trip was actually good for team morale.

"I've got the details, all the statements," Allardyce said. "I suppose, at the moment, if there's still an investigation going on, I think I can't comment too far on it apart from the fact that all I know is it was a huge aggravation by a photographer who became a pest.

"I'm happy Andy and all the lads conducted themselves in the right manner. If a photographer is following him around for hours and hours and hours hiding behind bins waiting for him to come out after he's got something to eat, then what will be, will be. The security guards have given us their details and I'm happy with what they've seen.

"They [the players] enjoyed themselves like they should do and it's built, again, another fantastic spirit in the team."

Comments