Bristol City
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018

Chelsea's chances ride on Hazard

Sevilla FCSevilla FC
Atletico MadridAtletico Madrid

Falcao eyes Champions League success

Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao believes his football career will not be complete until he is part of a Champions League winning team.

Falcao, 26, has enjoyed Europa League and European Super Cup success with Atletico this year and the in-form Colombian has made it clear that there are still two major trophies he is searching for.

"I would like to be remembered for the titles," Falcao told Goal.com. "I would like to collect plenty of trophies. In terms of trophies, I covet the Champions League and the World Cup, you never get enough of that.

"There have been some special moments already, important games, finals...so far the European Super Cup against Chelsea and the Europa League final against Athletic Bilbao have given me great memories."

Falcao has netted 10 goals in the La Liga this season, helping Atletico into second place, just three points behind leaders Barcelona.

A number of standout performances this season have made him a target for many European clubs and Falcao admitted he enjoys playing in crucial matches.

"Perhaps my desire for victory makes me raise my level," he said. "I perform better than average at the critical moments. I had the chance to do it in three finals.

"Have I ever felt that I achieved perfection? Yes. In some games I seem to do everything right and every shot I take ends up being a goal. I can't define it. You are just gifted and you put in a perfect performance."

Falcao will have the chance to rise to the occasion when Atletico travel to Barcelona on December 16.

Comments