Wilshere: I have not reached my best yet
Jack Wilshere has sent a warning to other sides in the Premier League by insisting he has not fully recovered from injury just yet.
After 17 months on the sidelines with a stress fracture to his ankle, Wilshere successfully returned to the Arsenal line-up last month and completed his comeback with a second-half cameo in England's loss to Sweden on Wednesday.
But despite looking in good shape considering the extended layoff, Wilshere believes he is yet to reach his potential.
"I don't know how long it will be before I can say 'I'm back'," he said. "I'm not really sure. This is my first long-term injury. We will see. I'm sure you lot [the media] will notice when I'm back to my best.
"I'm getting there. I don't feel 100% yet and everyone can see that. I feel better and better as every game goes on. I need to get some games under my belt and properly get back into the swing of things. But it's great to be back. 17 months on the sidelines is tough for anyone."
Wilshere was caught in the crossfire between Arsene Wenger and Roy Hodgson ahead of the friendly in Sweden, with Wenger claiming that the 20-year-old should not risk further injury.
"They know what they are doing," he said. "I''m sure they spoke before we met up and they reached an agreement. The agreement was the last 30 minutes and Roy gave me the last 30 minutes so I'm grateful for that."
Information from the Press Association was used in this report.