Bristol City
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018

LIVE: Madrid could move for Courtois

Transfer Talk

Transfer Rater: Mo Salah to Real Madrid

Eriksen keeping options open

Christian Eriksen has said he is "keeping his options open" amid talks with Ajax over a potential new deal with the club.

Eriksen, 20, has long been linked with a move away from Ajax and speculation has recently resurfaced over his future after the club's director of football, Marc Overmars, said the midfielder would not be renewing his current contract.

"We would like Christian to sign a new contract with us, but it's not something he wants," Overmars told Sporten. "We will see what happens after this year.

"Right now there is nothing concrete. No clubs have contacted me with an offer yet. For Christian it is important to choose the right club and I believe that Ajax and Christian together can take the right step for him."

Eriksen's deal at the Amsterdam Arena expires in the summer of 2014, and the Denmark international appears reluctant to agree a long-term extension.

He told Danish website Sporten.dk: "I have not actually said I won't stay but what I have said to them is that I want to keep my options open. I will leave at some time but when it happens I don't know.

"I still have a contract until 2014 and I feel fine at Ajax. I understand that they will try to extend my deal but I also feel that eventually I will try something new. My agent is currently talking to the club and I have not said yes or no to anything."

Comments