Previous
Bristol Rovers
West Bromwich Albion
6:45 PM UTC
Game Details
AFC Bournemouth
Cardiff City
6:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Watford
Sevilla FC
6:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Bolton Wanderers
Chievo Verona
7:00 PM UTC
Game Details
Queretaro
Pachuca
12:30 AM UTC Aug 1, 2015
Game Details
VfL Wolfsburg
Bayern Munich
6:30 PM UTC Aug 1, 2015
Game Details
Next

Casilla: Real Madrid return easy

Real Madrid
Read

Mata and Rooney meet 1D star

The Toe Poke
Read

No official Pedro bids - Bartomeu

Transfers
Read

Aston Villa make Lescott move - sources

Transfers
Read

Juventus facing injury crisis

Juventus
Read

Triesman questions Terry ban decision

Lord Triesman, the former Football Association chairman, has said he can see no reason for John Terry to be banned for only four matches for racist abuse.

• Triesman: Delay over JT unacceptable
• Commission: Terry defence implausible

An independent FA regulatory commission recently found Chelsea captain Terry guilty of using a racist slur towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand. In addition to the ban, he was given a £220,000 fine.

There have been questions raised as to why Terry, who had earlier been cleared of the offence in the courts, received a ban only half the length of that handed to Liverpool forward Luis Suarez when he was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra last season. The FA commission explained that Terry's shorter ban was simply down to the fact that, in his case, the "racist insult was issued only once".

Lord Triesman, though, told the BBC he found the decision hard to understand on the face of it. "It may be when you look at all the detail they thought there were reasons for [it]," he told the BBC. "I can't see it."

Terry has yet to announce whether he will appeal the sanction but while Lord Triesman acknowledges that he is "within his rights" to do so, he added: "My own view is that it would be more sensible to apologise and accept it's not a good standard."

Terry announced his decision to retire from international football prior to the verdict and he is therefore not part of the England squad that will take on San Marino and Poland over the international break. Goalkeeper Joe Hart feels it is a significant loss to the team.

"John's a passionate and proud Englishman," Hart said. "That sums up John as a player. When I first came into the squad, he treated me just the same as he does now. He's a great professional, a real inspiration football-wise and a good person as well."