Rafael Benitez's agent has said that his client would be interested in taking charge of AC Milan should the club come calling.
Massimiliano Allegri, the current Milan boss, is under huge pressure after two defeats in his side's opening three league games and then a 0-0 draw at home to Anderlecht in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Benitez has been out of work since being dismissed from his post at arch-rivals Inter Milan in December 2010, but his name has recently been touted around for a return to the San Siro.
The former Liverpool manager has made public his desire for a return to management and his agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, revealed that, while there has been no approach as of yet, his client would definitely consider an offer if one were to arise.
"It's not true that Benitez has offered himself to Milan," he told TuttoMercatoWeb. "If Milan called us then we'll talk because we listen to everyone - both in Italy and abroad. If the Rossoneri should call then Benitez would listen to their offer and evaluate it carefully."
There had been questions raised over Allegri's future last season, with club owner Silvio Berlusconi said to have been unhappy with the team's performance in their Champions League defeat to Barcelona. With the failure to retain the Scudetto last season, the speculation has only increased.
The sales of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain have done little to bolster Allegri's hopes of success, and a number of veteran stars departed the club in the summer.
Reports in Italy suggest that, after the home fans booed Tuesday's Champions League performance, his future could be dependent on the outcome of Sunday's game away to Udinese.
"It's not an easy moment, and of course the pressure is on to win every game," Allegri said after Tuesday's game. "We must continue working and improve on those aspects that need improving. I think getting tense and talking too much would not be helpful. My lads played with effort, courage and intensity, while Anderlecht never had a shot on target. It is a small step forward as we kept a clean sheet. Now we've got to score against Udinese."
Allegri had earlier said that he was "not worried" about the sack because he was "thinking only of [his] team".