Toulouse
6:45 PM GMT
Celta Vigo
Levante
7:00 PM GMT
Brisbane Roar
Sydney FC

Who will win the Clasico?

#FCdebate about an hour ago

50-50 Challenge: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona

El Clasico 17 hours ago

Who will win the Clasico?

#FCdebate about an hour ago

Cobos: Neymar stronger in 2014-15

Barcelona 21 hours ago

Who will win El Clasico?

Poll less than a minute ago

Mangan: Concentration key for Arsenal

Arsenal about an hour ago

Lamela wonder-goal, Kane's keeper clanger

Blog - The Toe Poke 16 hours ago

McGeady frustrates in Everton draw

Everton 11 hours ago
Sep 10, 2012

Lloris to hold talks with AVB

France captain Hugo Lloris has broken his silence over his move to Tottenham Hotspur, with reports suggesting he is set to seek showdown talks with new boss Andre Villas-Boas when he returns to North London on Wednesday.

• Lloris keeps quiet over AVB
• Deschamps concerned over Lloris

Lloris, a £12 million signing from Lyon on transfer deadline day, has been stunned by Villas-Boas' indication he would continue to pick veteran goalkeeper Brad Friedel.

Now Lloris has confirmed he will look to clarify his position in the Tottenham pecking order after playing in his nation's World Cup qualifier against Belarus.

"When I join up with the national team, I concentrate uniquely and we'll see about my personal situation when I go back," Lloris said. "Obviously it is not nice if the coach says he will pick someone else for the first team, but we can see what happens.

"For now, I have to put the situation to one side as France have important matches and I cannot worry about what might happen at my club."

France coach Didier Deschamps has suggested the goalkeeper needs to be playing regularly for Tottenham if he is to cling onto his place with Les Bleus, so the coming days look set to be crucial in resolving Lloris' future with the club he joined only last week.

Friedel, meanwhile, is determined to hold onto his place after starring in the recent 1-1 draw with Norwich City.

"I feel like I played pretty well in my last game and hopefully I continue to get picked," the 41-year-old was quoted as saying in The Sun. "Right now I believe the shirt is mine to lose. I believe the manager came out and said that and if this is the case then it's a great challenge for me."

Comments