Jose Mourinho insists he is unsure whether Real Madrid defender Ricardo Carvalho is set to join Queens Park Rangers on loan.
Carvalho, 34, has been linked with a move away from Madrid this summer, after being excused from their summer tour, and has not been training with the club's senior team.
At his press conference on Wednesday, Mourinho reiterated that the centre-back would be allowed to leave the club, but would not confirm to reporters whether a bid had been received from QPR.
"I cannot confirm anything about QPR," he said. "I do not know if the reports are correct or not, but I have been told that Michael Dawson has signed for QPR for £9 million. If they have signed Dawson, I do not know if they would be interested in Carvalho."
Mark Hughes' QPR began the 2012-13 Premier League campaign with a 5-0 loss against Swansea and have since been linked with Carvalho and also Tottenham defender Michael Dawson.