Bristol City

Mesut Ozil's tourist adventures

The Toe Poke

Roma: Dzeko affected by Chelsea talk

Roma

Lennon leaves Everton for Burnley

Burnley

Lobi's unbeaten NFPL record on the line

NFPL

Ba glad to have ended goal drought

Newcastle United striker Demba Ba has admitted to feeling a sense of relief after ending a six-month wait for a goal against Tottenham on Saturday.

• Pardew praises Ba after goal
• Jolly: Tactics Board

Despite bagging 16 goals last season, the Senegalese forward had failed to find the net since February as he adapted to a new formation that often saw him used on the left wing.

But he opened the scoring in the 2-1 victory over Spurs at St James' Park with a fine finish, and was delighted to have broken his duck.

"It was a good goal and I am very happy we won. It was a good opening day for us," Ba told the Journal "I was okay going so long without scoring. Just ask the other players.

"They will tell you that I am not just looking for goals even though it is a good feeling when you do score."

Ba joined Newcastle from West Ham last summer and admitted to feeling frustrated at times last season, but believes that by watching his games back he has improved as a player.

"You just have to carry on doing your work and it will come back," the Senegal international explained. "I spent a lot of time after games watching them again and analysing them, seeing what I had to do to change the bad stuff and that is why I am back on the scoring sheet.

"I watched the games on my own the next day, with no-one else. A lot of things were going on last season. I was playing on the side and out wide.

"I was not frustrated because I did not score but because I did not get enough of the ball. I just want to play, but sometimes I was coming too deep and they were putting the ball behind defences and I was not there."

Comments