Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup has confirmed that winger Scott Sinclair will not be signing a new contract at the Liberty Stadium.
Sinclair, 23, was one of the stars of the show as Swansea finished 11th in their debut Premier League season. He has been linked with a move to Manchester City.
The former Chelsea player has 12 months left on his contract and had been offered a new deal by the Swans, but Laudrup said he had declined to sign it.
"I have spoken to Scott, and he confirmed what he said to the chairman that he won't sign a new contract," the manager said. "But he is here now, and that's what's important for me.
"You never know what will happen tomorrow or the day after - but there is no point arguing about it, and we have to get on with it. Until August 31, anything can happen.
"Of course there is interest from a big club in Scott, but the only thing I care about in the short term is that it does not affect him for Saturday. If it affects the player, then we have to talk about it."
He said he would hold discussions with Sinclair before the Swans begin their season against QPR at Loftus Road on Saturday. He added: "If he says 'I'm a professional and I can play', then I know he is in the squad."
Laudrup acknowledged that City had expressed an interest in signing Sinclair, but declined to confirm whether or not the Swans had received an official bid from Etihad officials.
"Manchester City is the name that is always coming up, but again I have not spoken to them," he said. "But I don't know if it's official."
Sinclair joined Swansea in a £500,000 switch from Stamford Bridge two years ago, and Laudrup said he would not stand in the way of him moving on. "It is one of the moments when you have to think about yourself, when you are signing a contract or renewing a contract," he explained.
"There are moments when you have to be selfish. The career for a footballer is 15 years, and you have to think about what's best for you. If the player wants, I can give my advice - but I will not tell him what to do."