Suarez takes swipe ahead of OT return
Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has risked reopening old wounds by taking aim at the British media as he readies himself to return to Old Trafford for the first time since his row with Patrice Evra.
Last year Suarez was slapped with an eight-game ban after being found guilty of racially abusing Evra during a clash at Anfield in October.
Suarez then came in for criticism for failing to shake Evra's hand in the return fixture in February 2012, sparking more controversy and leading to further bad press for the Liverpool forward.
The 25-year-old is a member of the Uruguay team for London 2012, with the United Arab Emirates first up for the South American's in Group A of the Olympic football tournament at Old Trafford on Thursday.
All eyes will be on Suarez as he returns to Old Trafford for international duty, but the Liverpool man insists he will not be distracted from the task in hand.
"I am representing Uruguay and that's all that matters to me," Suarez said. "I said before that the English press is what matters least to me. I am proud to represent my country."
Despite having already played at the stadium, Suarez says he does not view his experience of English football as any sort of advantage.
"I don't really know Old Trafford that well," he added. "I have played one match there. I have played just once at many stadiums, so I don't have to give advice to anyone on the stadiums we play at. It's a great stadium. What we have to do is play football at a spectacular ground."