Wenger not interested in M'Vila
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has insisted he is not currently interested in signing Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.
M'Vila, 22, has been strongly linked with a summer move to the Gunners but, with Wenger seemingly happy with his current options in midfield, a deal has so far failed to come to fruition.
The French coach has cited Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby as evidence of depth, despite the pair having struggled for fitness last season - making no Premier League starts in the 2011-12 term.
"No [I am not interested]. We wait on Diaby and Wilshere," Wenger said. "When you look, we have Song, Ramsey, Coquelin, Wilshere, Arteta and Diaby.
"In defensive midfielders and box-to-box players we are not short if they are all coming back. If we have setbacks in pre-season, it could be different."
Wenger went on to highlight the potential of Diaby, adding: "You can't imagine how happy I am firstly to have him in the squad, because he is an exceptional player. I am cautious but confident because he had two hard weeks and came through it well.
"This tour is another decider for him. He will play on Tuesday night and now it is down to uncontrolled movement in games: how does your body react to that? I am confident with what I have seen in training that he will do it.
"He is the first player who would be on the France teamsheet in midfield when he is fit. Laurent Blanc said that before the European Championship, and he waited a very long time to know if he could play or not. But he couldn't."