Rodgers: No Skrtel offers
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists he knows nothing about reported offers for centre-back Martin Skrtel and will fight to keep the Slovakian at Anfield.
Skrtel, 27, told reporters last week that he had received several offers this summer, but Rodgers, who arrived from Swansea earlier this summer, confirmed that he sees the defender as an integral part of his Liverpool side for next season.
The manager told reporters on the club's pre-season tour: "No. I've heard nothing from any other club. Martin has been fantastic and seems happy and contented. He fits into my plans and ideas. I will fight as hard as I can to keep the players that I want here and he is one of them.
"Unfortunately there is always that rumour, speculation and gossip and, until the [transfer] window closes, that will continue."
Liverpool started their pre-season tour with a 1-1 friendly draw with Toronto on Saturday and will face Serie A side Roma in New York on Wednesday.