Athletic Bilbao coach Marcelo Bielsa insists that he will stay at the club despite a row with the board that threatened to see him resign on Friday.
Bielsa was furious after the club refused to support his criticism of the construction company employed to improve the facilities at the club's Lezama training base.
After meeting with the club's board on Friday evening, Bielsa was convinced to rethink his decision, but he admitted in a statement on his Facebook page on Monday that the disagreement had affected the camp.
"I will continue developing my role as I have until now,'' the 56-year-old said. "I maintain the commitment I accepted with the institution. I can accept their [the board's] removal of my authority, but... they indicated that my statements lacked truth. What has happened has modified our relationship.''
Bielsa stood by his earlier criticism of the work being done at the club's training ground, despite his lack of backing.
"It is not my subjective opinion with respect to the quality of work, the stage of its development, the control and fulfilment of the works at Lezama,'' he said.
"I can show that every one of the things I said corresponds to concrete and verifiable facts. If no one has been at fault, then why were the facilities not available for the first team for the start of pre-season?''
Bielsa signed a new contract until the summer of 2013 just last month, with improvements to the club's training facilities believed to be one of his demands prior to putting pen to paper.