Atlanta United FC
10:05 PM UTC Jul 22, 2017
Tottenham Hotspur
12:05 AM UTC Jul 23, 2017
Costa Rica
United States
2:00 AM UTC Jul 23, 2017

Who is better: Morata or Costa?

Pranjic hopes for Everton move

Everton are expected to tie up a deal for Croatia international Danijel Pranjic in the near future.

• Pranjic eyes China move
• Baines cools Man Utd talk

Pranjic, 31, is a free agent after leaving Bayern Munich at the end of the season, and Everton boss David Moyes was present at the Euro 2012 clash between Croatia and Spain to watch him in action.

The Toffees had been close to tying up a deal in January but, amid reports left-back Leighton Baines could leave Goodison Park, it appears Moyes is reviving his bid to bring in the wing-back.

Pranjic, on holiday with his family, told Sportske Novosti: "I am honoured that such a successful coach wants to sign me, and would be honoured to play for a club like Everton with such a rich history.

"We were very close to completing a deal in January, but then Bayern prevented it going through. I can't say that everything is finished, but next week I'm expecting some concrete developments."

Pranjic, who has also been linked with clubs in the Netherlands, Russia, Turkey, France and Italy, added: "I'm hungry to play again, to fight with my team-mates for success, to play for the fans. I missed all that sitting on the bench at Bayern.

"I'm 31 years old and physically I feel perfect. I have reached my maturation point as a player and as a person, and I think I'm capable of producing the best form of my career."

Comments