Moyes: No contact from Spurs
Everton manager David Moyes claims that he has received no contact from Tottenham about the vacant managerial position following the sacking of Harry Redknapp early on Thursday morning.
Moyes remains the bookies' favourite to take over at White Hart Lane, but Andre Villas-Boas is now thought to be top of the shortlist as Everton seem unwilling to let their man go.
"There has been no contact [with Spurs]. If there had been contact, I would have told the chairman," Moyes told BBC radio channel 5 live. ''I hope to meet all my ambitions at Everton but you never know in this game.
''I came back from holiday and found out about Harry and I feel sad for him because I feel he has done a good job.''
An Everton insider told ESPN: "There is no crisis meeting going on here. There is no need for the manager to be rushing back from holiday to speak with the chairman. They have a very strong relationship and speak every day.
"The Everton manager is one of the top three or four best-paid managers in the Premier League and has never shown an inclination to want to move on. Spurs have not been in touch and of course they would not be welcome if they did.
"You have to be realistic - you cannot keep people who don't wish to work with you, but there is a feeling at Goodison that David Moyes will want to stay rather than go to Spurs."