Bristol City
Sampdoria
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018

LIVE: Madrid could move for Courtois

Transfer Talk

Pato wants Milan stay

AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato has pledged his future to the club, despite reported interest from French giants Paris Saint-Germain and Brazilian side Corinthians.

Pato, 22, turned down a move to PSG in January, but the French side have not given up hope of acquiring the 19-time Brazil international.

The Rossoneri striker, though, insists he is not ready to leave the San Siro at this stage of his career.

"Milan has received several offers besides one from Paris Saint-Germain,'' Pato said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "I have also received interests from Brazilian clubs but it's not the time to return home as I am only 22 and I feel I am at the club I want to be.

"I have every intention to remain in Europe for many years before I return to Brazil. I can only thank these clubs but I will stay at Milan. I will remain until the last day of my contract, which expires in 2014. I am grateful to this club for all it has done for me.

"I have received help from them during difficult times and I have no intention to change teams. I want to repay the faith Milan has in me.''

Pato, who joined Milan from Internacional in 2007, has struggled with injury during his time in Italy, making just 18 appearances in all competitions last campaign.

Comments