Sydney FC
Ecuador
12:00 AM UTC May 26, 2016
Philadelphia Union
11:30 PM UTC May 25, 2016

Euro 2016 full squad lists

Euro 2016

Mourinho at United good for Chelsea?

Ayestaran asks for Valencia support

Valencia

Bremen sign Fortuna defender

Werder Bremen have announced the capture of Fortuna Dusseldorf defender Assani Lukimya-Mulongoti as their third signing of the summer so far.

Lukimya-Mulongoti, 26, has joined goalkeepers Richard Strebinger and Raphael Wolf into the club, whilst Tim Wiese, Claudio Pizarro, Mikael Silvestre and Marko Marin have all headed for the exit door.

The Zaire born defender was influential in Fortuna's promotion campaign and will now join up with Werder ahead of the new campaign.

"We are delighted to have been able to convince Assani to join Werder Bremen. He has impressed with good performances with Dusseldorf and is one of their best players. His physical strength and his pace and tackling ability will give more stability to our defence,'' said the club's director of sport Klaus Allofs.

Lukimya-Mulongoti also insisted that he needed no convincing to join Bremen, where he hopes to grow as a player.

"As soon as I heard of their interest, my mind was made up quickly. I had a great time with Fortuna and I shed a few tears to leave there, but as a footballer, you want to improve yourself and when every individual player at another club has more quality, then that also helps you to grow.

"I have absolute faith in my ability, otherwise I would have taken a different decision. You need a good competition for places and I am ready to face up to that from the first day.''

Comments