Schalke have confirmed Jefferson Farfan has signed a contract extension until 2016, ending months of speculation about the Peruvian's future.
The club announced on their official website after today's 4-0 Bundesliga win over Hertha Berlin that Farfan had put pen to paper on a new four-year deal.
Farfan turned down Schalke's initial approach late last year, but Royal Blues director of sport Horst Heldt revealed he had a change of heart a few weeks ago.
"We had always said that we were open to talks and about a fortnight ago there were the first signs of him coming back to the negotiating table, and we took advantage of that,'' Heldt told Sky.
"We are very, very pleased that it has worked out because we always wanted to extend Jefferson's contract.
"In recent weeks, we have managed to get there with the support of the fans, who have always supported him, and this is important for the coming years.''
Schalke's win on Saturday secured their place in the Champions League group stage next season.