Quartet depart Sydney FC
Sydney FC have started clearing the decks for next A-League season by releasing Bruno Cazarine, Karol Kisel, Jamie Coyne and Juho Makela.
The players will not be offered new deals for the 2012/13 season, with all off-contract except for Coyne, who agreed to the mutual termination of his current deal.
Championship-winning Slovakian midfielder Kisel had already decided to return to Europe while Brazilian Cazarine departs despite proving the club's most prolific striker in his two seasons.
Defenders Michael Beauchamp, Shannon Cole and Scott Jamieson are also off contract but their futures will not be decided until the Sky Blues appoint a successor to departing coach Vitezslav Lavicka.
The club said Sydney-born youngsters Mitch Mallia, Daniel Petkovski and Hagi Gligor would be added to the senior squad for next season.
It takes Sydney's contracted squad for 2012/13 to 17, though goalkeeper Liam Reddy could be sacked or allowed to pursue a move after he was sent home in disgrace from the club's finals loss away to Wellington a fortnight ago.
Reddy will front Sydney FC officials on Thursday charged with serious misconduct over being drunk on the team flight.
With Sydney's search for a new coach ongoing, football director Gary Cole said the recruitment process for next season had not stalled but stressed no new deals would be offered until an appointment.
"It is critical to the revitalisation of the squad that we select and contract a coach before we finalise the playing squad," Cole said.
"Earlier in the season Sydney FC identified and contracted three of the current crop of youngsters who have come through the system and they will step up into the A-League squad next season.
"The remaining spots will not be filled until we have selected a coach.
"That includes current players who are out of contract and players we have identified and started discussions with from within Australia and overseas."