Forlan rejects Inter unrest reports
Inter Milan striker Diego Forlan has played down reports of unrest at the club and has blamed the rumours on 'troublemakers' in the press.
Forlan, 32, was alleged to have refused to come off the bench to help his side as they struggled to a scoreless draw against Atalanta last week.
The club have been under fire as they have won just two of their last 12 games under Claudio Ranieri and many media outlets have hinted at dressing room unrest; something that Forlan rejects.
"A lot can be said after the event, but I think it's important that people know something... what the press have reported is wrong," Forlan told the Inter website. "I have respect for the Inter fans, for the shirt, and I haven't come here to mess things up.
"If I have to apologise because some people think I've made a mistake, then I apologise, we can all make mistakes, but now I want to say what actually happened.
"There are some troublemakers out there who know how to take advantage of certain situations. We're all very much together and there's no problem.
"It's true that things aren't going well at the moment, but I'm keen to do well, I want to play, score lots of goals, and help the team."
Inter, currently seventh on the Serie A table, face title chasing Juventus away from home on Sunday in a game that could decide the future of Ranieri.