Sydney FC
12:00 AM UTC May 26, 2016
Philadelphia Union
11:30 PM UTC May 25, 2016

Euro 2016 full squad lists

Euro 2016

Robinson rules out England return

Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Paul Robinson has no plans to come out of international retirement.

Robinson, 32, called time on his England career in August 2010 after tallying 41 caps for his nation, with the shot-stopper growing frustrated at not being a regular.

His recent form for Blackburn coupled with the departure of Fabio Capello have led to suggestions Robinson could make himself available for England once more.

However, Robinson said: "I'm just focusing on keeping Blackburn in the Premier League. Being away from England has definitely helped. It has helped me as a person and as a player.

"I've been out of that for a while now and it has helped me enjoy my football. I love playing my football here. I love being part of the team and the club's set-up and there is nothing to change at the moment.

"There is nothing else to worry about. That is the main reason I retired from international football. I can recharge the batteries more.

"I'm 32 and feel I can benefit more from staying with my own team, working on my own game and maybe having a rest when needed rather than training every day and having to sit and watch a game that I am not involved in."

• The ESPNsoccernet App is available now on the Apple App Store, and is coming soon for Android and Windows Phone users.

Comments